Read on to enter the COMPETITION to win ‘your choice’ of SIGG Eco Bottle …
I have recently found a new companion to train with: he keeps me company; compliments the look I want; fits in well with the environment I train in; supplies me with water when I’m doing cardio; looks very sexy – oh this just gets better! And ………. he fits in my gym bag! He what? Is he a shortie!
Oh, no – he’s tall, slim and pure aluminium (made from one solid piece of the stuff, in actual fact) and he is just perfect for keeping the liquid gold that I need to keep on top of my game, at the ice cold temperature it came from the water fountain – such a bonus in some of the hot weather we have been having and exactly what I need in the gym.
Take a look at my new gym companion SIGG – isn’t he gorgeous?
Now, if you have been following me, you would know that I don’t recommend things that aren’t appropriate to me or my family and if you dig a little deeper, you would know that I was (before being a SAHM and my hip injury) an Adv. Sports Therapist – needless to say, I have amongst a few other things plugged water for all it’s worth (which is a lot – a whopping big lake full, if I’m to give it the credit it deserves). You might find a bit about that in my Time-Out for Mums Blog here .
In short, the bit you are looking for is this …
Drink lots of it a little at a time: Drink water ever 2-3 hours throughout the day.
Water is the fuel for life. It saturates the cells in our bodies that need the energy it gives to work properly. Cells not only in our limbs, organs, our brain, but cells that flow through and cleanse our blood and all of our bodies systems (digestive, respiratory, nervous, reproductive, muscular, skeletal, circulatory, endocrine, lymphatic, immune). That’s a lot for our bodies to do without water.
So what’s so special about SIGG?
Well to quote their own website …
- Recycling your PET plastic water bottles is good… but using a reusable water bottle is much better for the environment. Worldwide, over 60 billion tons of plastic waste is produced every year. Plastic is particularly damaging because it is not biodegradable and plastic particles eventually become part of the food chain – as they have for example in our oceans. In some parts of the sea, there is five times more plastic than plankton.
- Every year, thousands of designs are submitted Worldwide to SIGG Switzerland in the hopes that this artwork will be transformed into a SIGG bottle. We introduce over 100 new SIGG designs every year, from teddy bears… to floral prints… to SIGGadelic bottles. The Original Swiss Bottle demonstrates world-wide quality and craftsmanship. The beautiful shape of the bottle is one of the reasons that in 1993, SIGG was incorporated into the collection of the Museum of Modern Art in New York.
- When you are hiking the Alps, your SIGG is a highly functional & reliable sidekick. And when you are strolling the streets of Manhattan, your SIGG is a stylish & eye-catching fashion accessory.
- SIGGs are extruded from a single piece of pure aluminium for seamless, leak-proof durability. For over 100 years now, SIGG bottles have been expertly manufactured by a dedicated Swiss workforce. By making our own bottles at our own factory in Frauenfeld Switzerland, we can ensure the highest quality product standards as well as guarantee that our operations are ethically and environmentally responsible.
- Many people think that they are helping the environment by refilling their plastic PET water bottles. But are you helping yourself? Disposable PET bottles are designed for one time use,» states Simran Sethi of The Discovery Channel. Refilling them can release harmful toxins from the packaging – especially when it gets heated. If you’re tasting plastic, you’re ingesting plastic.
- A SIGG Bottle is your healthy and safe choice for your body. The baked-on, crack resistant bottle liner makes sure that you drink what you want to drink – and not unwanted chemicals. The SIGG bottle liner is leach-proof and resistant even to energy drinks, fruit acids and carbonation.
** SIGG Bottles come in a range of sizes, specification and designs: Design, Classic, Kids, Steelworks, etc. Check out the SIGG website for your personal choice. **
So, how you can get your hands on a SIGG bottle of your very own – SIGG were feeling generous enough to let one lucky winner have one of these gorgeous bottles all to themselves!
Here’s how to do it:
- Take a look at their website and tell me what the name of the bottle featured in this review is called and what size it is.
- Follow SIGG Eco Bottle UK on Twitter – (so that they can contact you for your details if you win) or ‘Like’ on Facebook SIGG Eco Bottle UK
- Follow HonieBuk (me) on Twitter – (so that I can contact you to let you know if you’ve won)
- Put your answers as a comment and state that you have followed both SIGG and ME – all in 1 comment only please!
** Competition closes at 8.00 pm on Sunday, 24th July 2011 – please allow 28 days for delivery of prize (choose adult or kids design). Open to UK residents only -sorry!