This versatile salad of chick peas, goats cheese and rocket is both vegetarian, gluten free and packed with nutrients and flavour.
- 200g dried chickpeas
- 6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 2 ripe plum tomatoes, roughly chopped
- Small handful fresh flatleaf parsley, chopped
- 50g bag wild rocket
- 150g mild, creamy goat’s cheese, crumbled
- Put the chickpeas in a bowl of cold water and leave to soak overnight.
- Drain the chickpeas, place in a pan and cover with fresh water.
- Bring to the boil and simmer rapidly, partially covered, for 1 hour or until very tender.
- Drain well and place in a large bowl.
- While warm, pour over the oil and lemon juice and season.
- Allow to cool.
- Toss the tomatoes, parsley and rocket with the chickpeas.
- Divide among plates and crumble over the goat’s cheese to serve